Sunday, January 6, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog. 
 
I LOVE genealogy.  I have been working on my family history since 1999.  The year before my first child was born.  I have built a large tree.
 
I travel when I can to find records and record headstones.  I take photos of everything I can.
 
I have wanted to share my passion with anyone and everyone I can. 
 
So I have decided to create this blog, along with a website that work hand in hand with each other.
I am hoping to connect people with others willing to help.  I am hoping that we can help each other.  We all live in different places and sometimes we can't always travel to locations where records are. 
 
I am also hoping that we can help each other break down walls,
find long lost ancestors, and even
living relatives. 
 
Anyone one who has been doing genealogy knows how it feels when you find a missing piece of information.
How it feels when you find new and unexpected information.
Find information on a person you have been looking for.
And finally find a  living relative.
These are all so exciting!!!
 
I am obsessed.  When I am researching and I find new information on a relative.  I can't stop.  I keep digging.  There are times when I am researching in the evening and don't relize that it is now late at night and I really should be in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment